CC Cream Review: The Face Shop, Etude House, Tony Moly
Hello shimmer sweethearts! I am back again and finally finally finallyyyyyyy, I am going to have this CC Cream comparative review published. It took me a long time to post this because aside from schedule conflicts, I also wanted to try each CC cream for a week or two to observe how will they react to my skin considering that I have a very sensitive skin in the sense of breaking out and getting red spots (allergy) when wrong products were used. You can go read my skin’s story here. Might gross you out so you can read it later. kkkkk~
Okay so here you go, I ordered (hoarded..kkk~) three CC creams from the most popular (and most affordable) Korean brands: The Face Shop, Tony Moly and Etude House. Got them from a Korean online store called ibuybeauti.com.
So since this will be a comparative review, i will be considering 5 categories for these CC Creams.
- Makeup Satisfaction when worn
Not sure if this will be a lengthy post, but I will try my hardest to make this as detailed as possible. kkk~
I will go with the categories first, the photos of the swatches of the CC creams and the photos of them when worn will be at the last part.
Let’s begin with The Face Shop Face it! Aura Color Control CC Cream.
This CC Cream has the best packaging among them, in my opinion. It’s very compact and also comes with a sponge applicator inside.
1. Shade/Color: This CC Cream comes in two shades: #1 Radiant Beige and #2 Natural Beige. I decided to get #1 Radiant Beige coz it seems to have more of the CC Cream feel to it. I searched reviews on Naver and this looks like it gives more glow than Natural Beige considering that their shade looks almost similar to each other. It has a slightly yellow undertone so I think it matches my skin pretty well. Unlike most CC creams, this does not come in white shade, it’s like a BB cream because it looks beige, like what you see in the picture there. #1 Radiant Beige will suit people with fair to Medium Skin tones.
2. Texture/Consistency: Its texture is very creamy and thick. It’s far from what I expect from CC Creams which usually is kind of runny but then The Face Shop’s CC Cream glides on really smooth on to the skin. It has this silky feeling into it and it is very easy to blend.
3. Coverage: This has the best coverage among them. I guess its creamy, thick consistency gives medium to full coverage on to the skin. I feel like this is more similar to BB creams so I’m not very sure on how is this one different from BB creams. It offers the same coverage and so if you’re someone who would like to hide blemishes, acne scars, spots or whatever, this will work well on you.
4. Longevity: This CC Cream lasts 3~4 hours on me on a very hot and humid weather. But when I’m just in the office, considering that our building is air conditioned, it lasts for 6~7 hours.
5. Makeup Satisfaction when worn: This CC Cream has awesome coverage while giving my skin a healthy glow. This has a semi-dewy finish but not like I have a liquid volumer on to my face. The only thing I can say about this is that it kind of feels heavy on to the face. I guess it is because of the thick texture. Under a humid weather and the scorching sun, this CC cream gives me that sticky feeling so I really need to blot my face with an oil film or with powder. Despite the heavy feeling it gives, the good thing about it is that it does not cake up.
More about The Face Shop Aura CC Cream:
- It has a very nice scent.
- It did not break me out.
- Has SPF 30 PA++
- Has Silver-Vine complex that gives brighter skin.
- It has Anti-Wrinkle properties.
Next is the Tony Moly Pure Aura CC Cream (okay, so what’s with all this AURA thingy? kkk~)
It comes in a hard plastic bottle with a pump. The Tony Moly Luminous Pure Aura CC cream has the bulkiest packaging, I think. Well, it’s slim though so it can still fit your makeup pouch (if you have a big pouch like mine~kkkk)..
1. Shade/Color: Like the usual CC cream, this is a white cream with tiny specks that changes its color to the wearer’s natural skin tone. This comes in just one shade since it has this formula that blends in to one’s skin tone. With that being considered, this should suit people of any skin type. From fair-skinned people to ones with darker skin tones.
2. Texture/Consistency: It has a creamy consistency but not as thick as the CC cream from The Face Shop. This one is slightly runny and it is very very light to the skin. It does not feel heavy at all and it actually gives the “no makeup” feeling.
3. Coverage: The coverage is very sheer. Well actually, this CC cream does not offer any coverage at all. It cannot cover even the slightly dark spots I have on my face BUT the thing I like about this is that it brightens my skin in an instant. It may not cover my blemishes but it makes the redness on my cheeks decrease and it makes my skin look healthier.
4. Longevity: This lasts the whole day on me. Like 8~12 hours since it is not like a BB cream that is too thick or too heavy.
5. Makeup Satisfaction when worn: It has a dewy finish and it gives a radiant glow. This feels like a moisturizer and a color corrector in one. It does not control oil (I still had to use oil films) but it did not make my skin oilier. It feels incredibly light on my skin and I surprisingly love how sheer it is. As for my blemishes, I just dab a bit of concealer to hide them. For people who would like more coverage, this one will make a great foundation base.
More about Tony Moly Luminous Aura CC Cream:
- It has SPF 30 PA++
- It has ingredients for lightening blemishes.
- It has an amazingly pleasing scent.
- It did not give me any acne.
Now moving on to the last CC cream for this post, let’s go on to Etude House’s Correct and Care CC Cream in #1 Silky.
It comes in a plastic tube and it is not bulky at all. The plastic tube though, is similar to Etude House Shini Star BB Cream’s packaging which easily catches dirt. As you can see in the photo, my tube of Etude CC Cream looks so dirty! I don’t know what happened~ kkkk I just placed this in my makeup bag and when I brought it outta there, it became like this! (hey my makeup bag’s clean!!!) kkk~
1. Shade/Color: This CC Cream comes in two shades: #1 Silky and #2 Glow. I got #1 Silky because..well just because. kk~ Like Tony Moly’s CC Cream, it comes in white shade that has tiny specks that become beige when blended.
2. Texture/Consistency: Similar to Tony Moly’s Luminous Aura CC Cream.
3. Coverage: This has sheer coverage as well but it’s not as sheer as Tony Moly’s CC cream. This covers minor blemishes and it also tones down the redness on my cheeks. This becomes light beige when blended unlike Tony Moly’s CC cream that camouflages into the skin’s natural shade. Etude House’s CC cream in #1 Silky has a slightly pinkish undertone so it appears a bit lighter on to my yellowish skin.
4. Longevity: This lasts 5~6 hours on a hot and humid weather but this lasts the entire day if I stay in an air conditioned building. No retouching needed.
5. Makeup Satisfaction when worn: It feels really light on the skin and it does not give a sticky feeling even if I’m under the angry sun. It gives a dewy glow and this looks really good on flash photography as well~! Though, knowing I have yellow skin undertones, this CC cream looks kind of pinkish on my skin. It can be avoided though by either wearing less or setting it with a powder that suits my shade.
More about Etude House Correct & Care Cc Cream:
- It has SPF 30 PA++
- Anti-aging properties
- Skin Hydrating
- Whitening and Blemish treatment
- It improves skin texture.
I drew black lines using a waterproof liquid eyeliner to test their coverage.
The Face Shop has the best coverage while Tony Moly and Etude House are very sheer.
(You can zoom in your browser into 125% for a bigger picture)
Oops. I messed up with the arrangement. kkk~ In my opinion, Tony Moly’s Luminous Aura Cc cream gives the best glow. These are the CC creams applied alone, no concealers or powders. PS: I took this under the same lighting.
My personal favorite is Tony Moly’s Luminous Aura CC cream. I love how it feels on my skin, it feels like I’m not wearing any makeup at all. It does not give a sticky feeling and gives that dewy glow I’ve always wanted. No need to put on highlighters or brighteners because this CC cream alone gives that radiant glow (like a Korean celebrity! kkkk~).. I have also tried using this as a makeup base and it works just as wonderful.
kkkkkk~ that’ me wearing Tony Moly’s Luminous Aura CC cream. That’s me and my gloomy days. haha! Just look at that humongous acne there! hahaha~ To give you an idea how the coverage is, I did not put any concealer. hahaha~ Plus, that is one stubborn acne right there! The more I conceal it, the more it cakes and becomes obvious. Well this photo was taken a week ago so that crazy acne is now gone. kkkkkk~
Questions? I have tried to make the review detailed but if I missed out some stuff you wanted to know, just leave me a comment!!
These CC creams were purchased at ibuybeauti.com. Thank you for the fast shipping and hassle free transaction guys~! <333